Muanenguba Twin Lakes
There is a Female and a male lake, the female is in the shape of the African map and its water appears blue. The male lake which is beside the female lake, its water is green in color. This green male lake is landlocked and smaller and no one dares to descend into the lake except the traditional priest of the indigenous Mbo people to perform sacrifices. Fishing and swimming can be done on the larger blue female lake and it’s not landlocked because it flows out.
Duration; 2 days 1 night.
Day 1; Ekom Nkam Waterfall Nkongsamba- Melong(Mbouroukou)
Departure is neither from the towns of Buea or Douala. We depart for the town of Nkongsamba, found in the Moungo Division of the Littoral region of Cameroon. We shall drive through many beautiful plantations of palms, rubber, pineapples, paw paw fruits, banana and many other fruits We visit the Ekom Nkam waterfall in Nkongsamba and later we depart for the town of Melong where we stop for lunch. We shall then drive uptown to the local community of Mbouroukou which is at the foot of Mt Manengouba, we check in at Hotel Villa Luciole resort for the night.
*Meals; Lunch and dinner. Accommodation; Hotel Villa Luciole( 2 per room). There are buckaroos for up to 6 beds for bigger groups
Day 2; Mount Manengouba- Melong- Douala
After breakfast at the hotel, we hike Mt Manengouba to arrive neither the twin lakes nor the summit. Lunch on the mountain beside the lakes and later descend and return to the hotel, relaxation at the pool. The hike is approx 4-6 hours while the descending is 3-4 hours with great views on our way including many beautiful mountain flowers. We shall later drive to Douala. End of tour.
*Meals; breakfast and lunch.
NOTE: Please you have to chose between hiking to the summit and hiking to the Twin lakes. Also you can add one more day so you can hike to both attractions.
- Experienced First-Aid certified local guide.
- Fees for local guides.
- All entrance fees, Excursion fees and toll gates.
- Camera fees where applied
- A hired 4*4 car with driver and fuel for the duration of the tour.
- Accommodation as specified on the itinerary.
- Food as specified in the itinerary and also mineral water and fruits.
Group Size: 2-50 people
Mode of transportation; Hired private car.
Starting location; Douala, Buea or Limbe(pickup airport/hotel/seaport available).
Ending location; Douala( drop off available).
Individual price = €405.
Extra person price = €185 (ie 2 people costs €590)
Requirements to Participate:
- This is a private tour, so only your group will participate.
- Open to age groups of 12-60 years old.
- Travellers with moderate physical levels are welcome.
- Available all year round.
- Not available for travellers with serious medical conditions, those on wheelchair, pregnant women and travellers with back problems.
- The itinerary can be changed.
- Good shoes for trekking.